Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Y'all remember I was headed to a TS! last weekend.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member gritsmommyof5's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2004
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Before the board crashed on us, I was headed to a TS own by my son's friend Mother (Did I say that right)

    Here is what I got..Some things I am trying to figure what they are!

    A PM Addy trunk. GREAT condition $50
    PM First Edition Addy Doll GREAT condition $20
    Oodles of shoes , some are shoes from AGT doll outfits that are retired,
    The tunic and pants of the Chinese Outfit. A Red-snow suit..I got all this for $10

    She had a horse I am sure it was AG. She was very soft and her mane felt like human hair. The horse was missing part of her saddle and she wanted 30.00 for her. I thought that was too high. If I am wrong tell me!

    Did I score????? I almost got killed going to Charlotte though..LONG STORY but I barely missed being in a 34 car pile-up on I-77. I ended sitting on the Hwy for THREE hours (they closed the hwy down. BUT I made it...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member DScully717's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 18th, 2006
    Posts
    225
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow! Congratulations, those are some awesome finds! I just wish I had that same luck where I live in Atlanta . . .

  3. #3
    GreyMyst
    Guest GreyMyst's Avatar

    Post

    I paid $25 for Penny despite the fact she was missing part of her saddle. The horse retails for $62 so it's not a bad price if the horse herself was in good shape. You can always get Kaya's saddle which IMO is much prettier anyway.

    To find out if it's an AG horse, look on the bottom of the back right foot. Either Pleasant Company or American Girl is stamped into the hoof.

    <font color="#051E50" size="1">[ February 08, 2006 10:57 PM: Message edited by: GreyMyst ]</font>

  4. #4
    megaagfan1
    Guest megaagfan1's Avatar

    Post

    WOW!!! What a deal!!! That's great!! WOW!! 3 housr in trafic? Holy Cow!! Did you play with Addu while you waited!?! lol!!!!
    Be sure to post pics!!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member gritsmommyof5's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2004
    Posts
    301
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    No this was before I go there. I am one of the few people in this world that does not have a cell phone. I knew my son would be worried about me. Finally after awhile people just got out of their cars and starting talking,and even walking their dogs! I saw someone talking on their cell-phone. I am NOT shy so I asked to borrow theirs.

    Now I have to decided which Addy to keep. I have two PM first Edition Addy's.

  6. #6
    prasnlrd
    Guest prasnlrd's Avatar

    Wink

    Well, we IM'd about this great find while HB was down. Congratulations again. remember; if you like both Addys keep both. If you chose to part with one...prasnlrd is here!<font color="red">...mwahahahahahaaaaa...</font>

    [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Dear gritsmommyof5---

    Please tell me---WHAT THRIFT STORE???!!

    I thought all the Charlotte thrift stores were barren of AG items--I've been looking for over a year, and have found absolutely zip, zero, nothing!
    Do you think this store owner might save out a few things for me? I'm really just interested in dolls (ANY condition)and outfits.

    But what great deals you got! Congratulations! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    Inactive Member AGTeacher's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 19th, 2004
    Posts
    2,197
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Congrats on the stuff! pics when you can! [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Wowee!!! that sounds like a great haul. I would love to see that trunk! That was a bargain deluxe! Which Addy is in better condition?

    That accident sounds scarey!

  10. #10
    LordofthePumpkinPatch
    Guest LordofthePumpkinPatch's Avatar

    Post

    <font size="8">THREE HOURS in traffic!</font>
    How did you not go crazy??? Sitting in the car drives so bonkers it is not even funny!!!

    Congrats on your finds though!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •